Re: [TowerTalk] rope recommendations?

To: Towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] rope recommendations?
From: K4BEV@aol.com
Date: Mon, 4 Jul 2005 12:42:50 EDT

In a message dated 7/4/05 11:34:54 A.M. Central Daylight Time,
jimjarvis@comcast.net writes:

Would  appreciate opinions about products and vendors.

Jim;

Parachute cord works FB, and can be had in several colors -- Can be  found
all over the internet. I bought my last spool on e-bay... very  cheap.

I've had some wire antennas up for at least 5 years with no problems. The
*support ropes* for my TH-7DX are also parachute cord (doubled) and have  been
up there for at least 5 years too.

The stuff I'm using is black - Which may, or may not, be contributing to  its
longevity.

GL,
Don - K4BEV