[TowerTalk] Rope haliards

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Rope haliards
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 5 Jul 2005 15:20:22 -0400
Folks,

I have decided to try the mil-spec 3/16" dacron braid which
Radio Works is selling.  This is on a bug-out antenna, here in
MD, a wire which will be low-profile, and hopefully quick-deploy at the
next qth.  (no pulleys...just raw rope hanging over the trees @ 80'.)
Lots of friction, and easy squirrel access.

I expect this will get 4 months of MD sun, and a large population of
squirrels on it.   It's not mating season, though...so we'll see if the
buggers care.

I'll report rope condx when I strike the thing...and will try something
else, if there are any signs of problems.  The stuff is inexpensive....
ten cents a foot.

Thanks to all for your inputs.  I've logged the responses.

N2EA