Re: [TowerTalk] Center on Pad of Rohn SSV

To: k1ttt@arrl.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Center on Pad of Rohn SSV
From: TexasRF@aol.com
Date: Sat, 9 Jul 2005 12:01:33 EDT

If the pad is square (or round), then there could be a geometrical illusion
since the center of the triangle will not correspond to the center of the
square. For example, suppose the tower is 18" per side and the base is 36"
square; With two of the tower legs parallel to one side of the base, the center
 of
the tower will be close to 5.2" from the a line passing by the two legs and
the third leg will be twice this number or about 10.4" from the center of the
triangle.

To make the center of the triangle superimpose on the  center of the  base,
the tower must be shifted about 2.6" away from the side of the base  adjacent
to the parallel legs. Conversely, the third leg will then be 2.6"  closer to
its' adjacent base side.

In this case, the two legs would be 18" - 5.2" or 12.8" from the side of  the
base and the third leg would be 18"-10.4" or 7.6" from that side of the  base.

This makes more sense if you draw it out on a piece of gridded paper.

Will a 2.6" offset cause a problem? I am not qualified to answer that;
hopefully someone else will.

73/k5gw

In a message dated 7/9/2005 10:38:25 A.M. Central Standard Time,