[TowerTalk] Not a tower, a mobile application

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Not a tower, a mobile application
From: "Gene Bigham" <jbigham2@kc.rr.com>
Date: Mon, 18 Jul 2005 19:06:54 -0500
I was recently given for an early birthday present a SGC 239 auto tuner and a
stainless whip.  The whip I mounted in the corner of the bed of my truck with a
very short hunk of coax coming in through the back cab wall to the tuner.  This
arrangement has been found to work very well for me over the past several
weeks, tuning everything from 80 through 10 meters, although the efficiency was
lower of course for lower bands.  Sure is simple to operate.