Re: [TowerTalk] Portable Tower Solutions, vs Regulations

To: "Pat Barthelow" <aa6eg@hotmail.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Portable Tower Solutions, vs Regulations
From: "Rick Karlquist" <richard@karlquist.com>
Date: Thu, 21 Jul 2005 16:45:41 -0700 (PDT)
A city might try to call your tower trailer a "recreational vehicle" (RV)
or a "trailer" (which it is).

In many places, these are not allowed at all, or must be parked only
on pavement (and you can't pave over your lawn), or must not visible
from the street, etc.  I've never been able to understand why people
get upset about a neighbor parking a land yacht in his driveway,
but I know it riles up a lot of folks.

If an RV is allowed, call your tower an RV, with a deployable antenna,
just like some RV's have TVRO dishes, etc.

Rick N6RK