[TowerTalk] off-base comment

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] off-base comment
From: "Jim Jarvis" <jimjarvis@comcast.net>
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2005 22:25:43 -0400
Bill...I'm flagging you on the following comment:

My favorite example is
ADD/ADHD for simple misbehavior.  Of course it takes
a PhD in Education to dream up those new terms!  ;-)
Little wonder our schools are dumbing down while we
spend their resources for such nonsense.  73,  Bill  W4ZV
-0-

In point of fact, recognizing that some kids have problems,
whether we exactly identify the source of them or not is
irrelevant.....but it IMPROVES education, not diminishes it,
when we correctly treat them.

How many of us where super-bored smart kids, who drove their
teachers crazy?  It's possible that a lot of us were (and are)
adhd.

My wife teaches special ed.  There's a lot here that you don't
understand.   And it's definitely off-topic for this reflector,
despite the fact that I think it's good social discourse.

Just to be contentious, I will expand the comment thusly:  If teachers
were paid the same per hour as plumbers...society would have far different
drainage problems.

Sorry Steve...I won't prolong this further.

73/n2ea
jimjarvis@ieee.org