Re: [TowerTalk] split tubing in base leg

To: n5wla@yahoo.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] split tubing in base leg
From: K2EK@aol.com
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 20:07:34 EDT
This happened to me too - though in my case it was in 3 sections stored on
their sides at ground level...

If it was me, I'd bite the bullet and take the whole thing down and then 1)
replace the broken section and 2) reinstall so it does not happen again.

It is your choice - take it down and preserve antennas or hope (read - wait)
for it not to fail anytime soon and then have to deal with a bent over mess
that your and no one else will want to climb

73 de Bill
K2EK