[TowerTalk] Tower Base info sought

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Tower Base info sought
From: William Wood <ke9xq@charter.net>
Date: Fri, 29 Jul 2005 22:32:18 -0500
Greetings Folks
   I would like to find some suggestions as to how big my tower base
should be.  I've not done any internet searches yet, and no
documentations with the tower.  I have a 37 foot crank up tower, and
plan on having on top at Comet 9 is that correct???   It's a high gain 2
and 440 antenna omni directional, and a 5 band quad.  My soil is 80 to
90 percent clay with some regular soil  and sand.
   Just to the east of the tower base will be about 4 foot higher than
the base a fish pond that is taking me all summer to build, and just to
the south of the base, almost right on top of it also, is a 4 x 4 x 4
foot pad of cement block filled with stone and clay, and topped off with
cement, for storing a box with tools to use on the fish pond, so there
will be quite a bit of weight on those two sides of the base, which I
plan on having at, or just below ground level...
   I have started the digging, and first demensions, will be 3 x 3 x 3,
with the bottom almost a foot wider than the top of the base...   Kinda
like this  /___\  I plan to use plenty of cheap re-bar, because that is
what I already have on hand, so any tidbits of information, or URLs
would be most welcome.  Here's hoping I came to the right place for the
information sought...
73
Bill  KE9XQ