Re: [TowerTalk] Why preload guy lines?

To: fsense@copper.net, K7LXC@aol.com, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Why preload guy lines?
From: Gary.Stone@med.va.gov
Date: Fri, 5 Aug 2005 11:03:49 -0500
Hi,

The current Loos web page (below) states these devices are also for guy wire
on radio towers:

"These gauges are designed for setting the proper tension in the standing
rigging of sailboats and also for other applications such as supporting
cables for radio towers, large tents and other structures. The gauges are
relatively inexpensive and are designed to be suitable for rugged marine
service."

end quote.  This is from:

http://www.loosnaples.com/Loos2/tension.htm

I purchased the model 90 and (and that is the one my tower installer had
also).

Gary Stone, N5PHT