[TowerTalk] elevating an HF6V

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] elevating an HF6V
From: "Kelly Taylor" <ve4xt@mts.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Aug 2005 23:33:10 -0500
Hi all,

I'm in the process of deciding on a few antenna projects to get ready for
winter. Alas, a tower will not be one of them. This year.

I need some better performance on 40 and especially 80/75, where my HF6V is
about as efficient a radiator as a Cantenna. The neighbour's new metal garden
shed within six feet certainly doesn't help.

I'm thinking about elevating the HF6V and using resonant radials, particularly
the Butternut tuned radial system still sitting in my garage. I would target a
new base height of about 10 feet, insulate the radials from the support mast
and also connect to the neighbour's garden shed (with her permission, of
course).

Is this even a plan or is it likely to be more effort than it's worth?

Thanks,
73, kelly
ve4xt