Re: [TowerTalk] Gap Titan

To: wc1m@msn.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Gap Titan
From: Richard Zalewski <dick.w7zr@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 13 Aug 2005 11:15:53 -0700
Jim & Dick

This is 80-10 only. It will be a secondary antenna only. I did not realize
there was a power limitation for 80. Probably when the SWR goes higher is
where it will be a factor. I have a chain link in the back yard that is 80'
and then one in the side yard that is 40'. The power lines parallel the
fence in the back yard and are only 10' beyond the fence. So for that
consideration it would probably not be the best on the back fence but may
become necessary. The side fence would put it closer to the neighbor and
closer to the existing tower which I was trying to avoid. However, I think
the field directly under the tower might be a good spot. I really do not
want to elevate the antenna so I was thinking of a mast that would be almost
the height of the fence.. This would be set in concrete and anchored to the
fence.

Dick

--
Tnx es 73