Re: [TowerTalk] Are All Low-Pass Filters Alike?

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Are All Low-Pass Filters Alike?
From: "David Robbins K1TTT" <k1ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 11:10:44 -0000
The most important question to ask about TVI filters is "Do I have a
transmitter harmonic problem?".  Remember, TVI filters can only stop
harmonics... and they can only stop harmonics that come from BEFORE them in
the coax.  If you have an overload problem, or outside rectification, or
rectification in the receiver antenna, or a receiver preamp overload, or a
stereo system getting overloaded, or any of a dozen or more other problems a
harmonic filter is just a waste of money.  So before asking which one is
best, ask if that is really what you need.

David Robbins K1TTT
e-mail: mailto:k1ttt@arrl.net
web: http://www.k1ttt.net