[TowerTalk] GFI Outlets

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] GFI Outlets
From: "Orcena Lyle" <olyle@cpinternet.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Aug 2005 22:50:22 -0500
I have a hairdryer with a plug which has a GFI in it.  The GFI tripped when I
transmitted on PSK31 after forgetting to turn down the power on the radio.
Different circuits.  Radio about 100W.  The GFI didn't just trip, the test
button popped in and out and made a loud banging noise heard throughout the
house (hairdryer in the bathroom in the back of the house).  Just now is the
first time I've ever heard of any other GFI problems.

73 de Orcy