[TowerTalk] insurance

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] insurance
From: "Michael J. Castellano" <km1r@cshore.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Aug 2005 17:03:39 -0400
I concur: treat the adjuster with the same professional respect you would want.

years ago I lost a large Telrex rotor and a 4 el full size yagi due to ice.
Neither were in production anymore,
and I had replacement value on them. I showed the adjuster the original ads for
the two items (with the $$) and
documentation (QST press releases) that showed the two companies out of
business.

He asked : "what would it cost to have these made today?" After a short burp,
he said, "give us YOUR estimate,
and get them rebuilt so they never break again". They paid rapidly, in full,
and I did in fact replace with another
Telrex and a larger antenna!  My homowners never went up due to this claim.

Not sure if this is still the case in 2005 though.

replacement value, give him documentation, don't try to makew a killing on it,
yes, be nice!

73 all,

Mike KM1R
Internal Virus Database is out-of-date.