Re: [TowerTalk] birds on antennas

To: superberthaguy@adelphia.net
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] birds on antennas
From: Cqtestk4xs@aol.com
Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2005 07:44:30 EDT
In a message dated 8/30/05 8:46:21 AM Greenwich Standard Time,
superberthaguy@adelphia.net writes:
As far as the wifes guano concern goes try this plan.  Most wives love
plants/flowers.  Guano is a great fertilizer.

Since I really don't know, uh, crap about the subject, I've been told that in
addition to being good fertilizer, guano is also acidic. This means that when
deposited on a standard shingle roof it shortens the life of it.

The only experience I've had with a tower right next to the house was a
hundred footer that the birds sat on.  That part of the roof was peppered with
the
droppings.  I did notice a faster loss of the granules on that part of the
roof, but that is just one incident.  Since we live in thunderstorm alley in
central FL, all my towers are far away from the house now, and the hawks can
poop
away to their hearts delight on my towers.  But, it sure is disgusting having
to work on top of the tower.  The flat plates really allow the stuff to
accumulate.

Bill K4XS