Re: [TowerTalk] Engineering analysis fees

To: <jimjarvis@ieee.org>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Engineering analysis fees
From: "SJ W3TX" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>
Date: Sun, 4 Sep 2005 20:56:06 -0400
I agree.

$500 is an _extremely_ low fee for what they are doing for you.  If it were
me on the recieving end of that bill I'd also give the engineer a gift
certificate for two to the nicest restaurant in town. Anymore these
engineers carry a very high liability (just another thing to thank the trial
lawyers for!) for anything they review.

With my projects it is typical to see fees between 1500 to $6000 for
engineering.  Add on another 500 to 2000 for an engineer's "wet stamp".
Many municipalities will require a wet stamp to write the building permit.
Again, thanks to the rabid trial lawyers the municipality needs to cover
their b... so they don't get sued if the tower falls down.

73, Scott W3TX