Re: [TowerTalk] Hurricane Help Needed - Tower Climbers!

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Hurricane Help Needed - Tower Climbers!
From: "Rick Harnish" <rharnish@onlyinternet.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 10:17:31 -0500
I am forwarding this plea for help from the WISPA list.  Mac Dearman is a
WISP in Northern Louisiana that is heading a team of 20 volunteers from
around the country right now, trying to establish communications to refugee
shelters.  Can someone help?  Call toll free to the Network Operation Center
if you can assist.  Ask for Matt Larsen.

866-225-3715
866-221-6237

Bullit, Rick and all

    We are in desperate need of a couple tower climbing crews. I have a
fractured Tibia and my foot & leg is swollen as big as my wifes head. We
have TLINK10s to deploy (THANKS TRANGO BROADBAND) and I think we are about
to get all the bandwidth via my fiber we can use. Please, please
- no newbies for tower climbers. We dont want anyone hurt PERIOD. Please
bring your own rigging and safety gear.

    I also have access to towers from I-20 corridor in N. Louisiana to I-10
Corridor  in Southern La. and East across the entire Southern Louisiana that
run to just west of Hattisburg Mississippi. I also think we are going to be
FEMA sanctioned in the next few minutes as they have called and blessed our
efforts here this morning. With or without FEMA's cards  - - the march has
started!!

  Thanks,

--
Mac Dearman