Re: [TowerTalk] Critter Chronicles

To: Pete Smith <n4zr@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Critter Chronicles
From: Joe Giacobello <k2xx@swva.net>
Date: Wed, 07 Sep 2005 21:48:08 -0400
Pete, you're not alone, although my problem is not ham radio related.

I just converted a barn on my property to a garage, which is far removed
from the house.  After I was finished (of course), some of the local
farm folk warned me that you have to be concerned about mice getting
into the car and eating everything in sight.    Consequently, at their
recommendation, I put D-Con in all corners of the garage.  I've only had
the barn-garage in use for about three weeks and moved the car from
there about twice.  Each time I saw a mouse on the ground under where
the car had been parked.  There was also a bat tucked into the space
between the sliding door and the jamb of the doorway.  Obviously, the
D-Con was, as the local farm folk say, as useful as mammaries on a male
bovine.

My XYL just drove the car to NJ and reported en route that the AM/FM
radio went out as if there were no antenna.  Hmmmmm....

73, Joe