[TowerTalk] underground cable run to tower

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] underground cable run to tower
From: "robert biehl" <kolea@alaska.net>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2005 20:10:10 -0800
I am running LMR-900 coax and the necessary rotator cabling underground approx.
120' to my tower in 2" plastic electric conduit.  I am thinking about mounting
a rotatable camera on my 80' tower and an electric outlet on the tower base.
Is it a bad idea to add  a run of romex with my coax and rotator cable in the
same plastic conduit?  The tower crew I hired sugested I do it but I am
concerned about electrical interference with my coax.  I could feed the outlet
and camera from a different location with a much shorter run of 50' but it
would mean another trench.

Sincerely, Bob KL1DS