Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch

To: Dave Fuller <rfcdma@spinn.net>, TTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] recommended winch
From: Blake Bowers <bbowers@townsqr.com>
Date: Fri, 09 Sep 2005 11:04:12 -0500
Dave,

I think you misunderstand our concerns.

Most capstans used for tower work either have a mounting plate
for mounting it on the base of the tower, or a reciever hitch plate
that mounts it on a vehicle.

>From the webpage you sent, it appears you hold on to the chainsaw,
instead of a positive mount, and how do you control the engine RPM's?

The noise to me would be a major factor also, even with headsets.

Capstans are wonderful tools, don't get either of us wrong,
the tractor, jeep, pickup truck is nothing but a deathtrap.

Who says you can't use a ginpole on 55g?  As long as it is
rated for 55, no reason not to.