Re: [TowerTalk] Corrosion proofing Elements/connections

To: "'KT2Q'" <dxdx@optonline.net>,"'TowerTalk'" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Corrosion proofing Elements/connections
From: "Fred Mott CPA Inc" <fredmottcpa@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 9 Sep 2005 22:04:18 -0400
I recently took down a 130 Rohn 45G tower, 4 element 20 meter Hy-Gain 204BA
and a Hy-Gain 10/15 Duo-bander.  The antennas were installed sometime in
1975 (30 years).  I used all SS hardware and Ox-Guard on the Aluminum
elements.  The antennas were painted with a mixture of varnish and Thomson's
water seal.  The antennas are still in very good shape.  The varnish & water
seal had completely disappeared.  Go ahead and use your good common sense.
Fred, AB8AH