[TowerTalk] Coating Yagi's with Waxoyl

To: TowerTalk <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Coating Yagi's with Waxoyl
From: KT2Q <dxdx@optonline.net>
Date: Sat, 10 Sep 2005 23:53:56 -0400
All:

The Waxoyl product John (G3JVC) mentioned sounds like a good idea for
long-term protection against aluminum corrosion. It has an added benefit of
keeping ice from forming according to John.

I did a quick search for Waxoyl and it doesn't seem to be available at the
local hardware store hear in the U.S. Is there a clear Waxoyl equivelant
here in the states? If so, where?

One more thing, would a thin coating of a product like Waxoyl cause a change
in resonance with a Yagi antenna?

Thanks,

Tony KT2Q

Are there any resonance problems

John (G3JVC)

Waxoyl sounds like the solution for oxidation and corrosion. I'm putting up
a 5 element monobander on 20 meters so it's a fairly expensive investment
and would like it stay corrosion free.

I have a few more questions if you don't mind.

Do you think coating the entire antenna will change it's resonace?