[TowerTalk] Stub tuning

To: "Towertalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Stub tuning
From: "Tom Osborne" <w7why@verizon.net>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2005 21:35:17 -0700
HI TT'ians

I'm trying to get the stubs hooked up here.  I cut some and they are right
where I want them to be, using the MFJ tuner option.

I cut the 20 meter one right at the meter and wanted to hook them up on the
outside of my antenna switch.  Going from the rig, there is about a 3 foot
cable to the MFJ tuner/swr bridge.  Going from there is about a 3 foot cable
to the homebrew antenna switch.

Problem is, when I move the stub from the bridge to the output of the
antenna switch, I would think it would be too long and would have to cut
some off.  What is happening is that instead of the stub being on 14.100
(where I want it), it moves up frequency to about 15.500 instead of going
lower if frequency as they are now about 6' longer.  Can't figure what is
going on.  There is no dip down below 14.100.  Any ideas?  73

Tom W7WHY