[TowerTalk] open space easement

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] open space easement
From: "Michael J. Castellano" <km1r@cshore.com>
Date: Fri, 16 Sep 2005 20:32:21 -0400
Out here in Connecticut, we have the Open Space Easement program also. Used for
tax rellief AND deal making with local governments.

Here is my only experience.,

My company has about 130 virgin acres on top of the second highest hill in
southern CT. In order to place a small building and 200 ft. multiuser
commercial tower, we had to sign an open space easement with the town.

This precluded ANY further development of the area for (If I remember
correctly) 70 years. We could have put in about 45 houses, but hey, we managed
to get our 2000 sq,. foot building and tower up.

It was 15 years ago, but I remember the legal maneuvering was horrendous, and
it caused a lot of grey hairs....

I imagine in  California it is doable, but might be a legal hassle, a good
zoning lawyer would come in handy!

Good luck with the project!!!

and of course... 73,

Mike in CT