[TowerTalk] release of guy lines for hazer ??

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] release of guy lines for hazer ??
From: jaevans@pcisys.net
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2005 17:11:38 GMT
Greetings all,

  Just a lurker here, reading, learning, watching, helping out with local
tower installs, providing muscle but little experience.

  I am by no means ready to install my tower (70 feet of rohn 25), but I do
have questions - hopefull the answers will help in the decision process.

  I've seen where folks can use a hazer to raise an antenna but the guy
mechanism escapes me.  Do folks just untwist the turnbuckles to raise/lower
their hazer or is there some easy and quicker mechanism for doing so?  Do
many folks find the hazers useful at all?

 Right now, I am leaning strongly toward a guyed 70 foot rohn 25 tower with
pier pin foundation and guy line brackets (I know these would kill the use
of a hazer).  No plans for much of an antenna since my initial need is to
get high speed internet connectivity to our home, but I may put a small
beam up and a vhf/uhf setup, too.

thanks all - this is a great group of experience !!!

73 - john -
n0hj