Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire transmission line

To: "Steve" <steveac@charter.net>,"TowerTalk" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Open wire transmission line
From: "D. Scott MacKenzie" <kb0fhp@comcast.net>
Date: Wed, 21 Sep 2005 22:33:00 -0400
I would suggest approximately 6 inches or so.  I guess a lot depends on the
mechanical tension in the wires.  You might be able to get away with greater
spacing.... Strips will offer more resistance to the wind and will tend to
flop around more.  This could potentially cause fatigue issues in the wire,
and can cause tangling.... if held in place appropriately, no real
issues....

IMHO

Scott aka KBOFHP