[TowerTalk] ground radials connecting to chain link fence

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] ground radials connecting to chain link fence
From: "Richard W. Harris" <Richard_Harris@byu.edu>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2005 13:41:16 -0600
Hi again,
I have had suggested that I connect my ground radials for my 160M tower
shunt-fed antenna to the chain link fence on the west end of my property.  This
is about 65 feet away from the tower and the fence runs about 1000 feet north
south.  There is also a T-branch of this chain link that runs on my property
line back towards the tower.  The closest this fence gets to the tower will be
about 40-45 feet.  Anyone aware of any problems connecting the ground radials
to this fence which is about 45 feet away?
Thanks,
Richard - KJ7CU

I'm getting close now.