[TowerTalk] Heliax repair

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Heliax repair
From: "SJ W3TX" <superberthaguy@adelphia.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2005 05:35:06 -0400
I'm looking for ideas on repairing the waterproof outer sheath of heliax
that I recently pulled from my conduits (in the process of moving the W3TX
station).

The plastic sheath has linear scapes in many areas which are exposing the
outer copper shield.  Some effected areas are 10-15ft in length.

A side note.  Next time I'm thinking of direct burial, about 1-2 inches
underground, rather than going thru the trouble of building a long conduit
to hold all the wires.

73, Scott W3TX