Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy Tower Delivery

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Heavy Tower Delivery
From: K7LXC@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 11:05:05 EDT
In a message dated 9/29/2005 7:54:22 AM Pacific Daylight Time,

    Getting the tower off of the truck has been well covered. I've used
cranes and backhoes and others have used tow trucks. I even hired a bunch of
temps
one time - now that was a real PITB.

    But this is only part of the problem. Now what do you do about getting
the tower to the base? Whenever possible I get a crane to do both jobs so when
it's gone the tower's attached to the base. Some people have used the engine
lift since it's got wheels on it but you need sidewalk and/or something hard to
roll it along on.

Cheers & GL,
Steve     K7LXC
TOWER TECH