[TowerTalk] satellite tracking rig/antenna/setup

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] satellite tracking rig/antenna/setup
From: "George Shaw" <george.shaw@ukf.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2005 21:12:52 +0100
Folks sorry if this is off topic but I recon its about on T.

I am about to move QTH and will wish to set-up a satellite antenna to allow
working on as many of the am sats as possible and maybe a bit of EME
working.

What would you guys already doing this recommend on a system to allow
tracking of orbital sats using a dish or 2m 70cm beam on a H frame or two H
frames with 2m and 70cm on board. What configuration would you recommend and
what tower/height.

Any web links to sources of information on this type of set-up would be very
gratefully received as would any comments. I am QTH in UK.

George Shaw MI3GTO / 2I0GTO

" Any Sufficiently Advanced Technology
is Indistinguishable from Magic"
                          ---Arthur C. Clarke

Mobile: +44 (0) 7740 361 163
Primary Email: mi3gto@digipeater.net
Secondary Email: george.shaw@ukf.net
Web: http://www.digipeater.net
EchoLink & eQSO connected 24/7
Monitoring: 7.087.50 LSB 14.342.5/18.157.5/144.200.0/144.300.00 USB 24/7