[TowerTalk] shunt-fed tower capacitor match location

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] shunt-fed tower capacitor match location
From: "Richard W. Harris" <Richard_Harris@byu.edu>
Date: Tue, 4 Oct 2005 20:35:34 -0600
Hi,
I have my shunt-fed tower for 160M about ready to tune.  I have an Omega match
(two vacuum variable capacitors) inside a pelican case with stepper motors to
allow remote tuning.  I'm using insulated couplings to insure no electric
coupling between the caps and the stepper motors.  My shunt wire is a wire a
10" triangular cage of 13 gauge wire spaced about 2 feet from the 72 foot
crankup tower with the shunt-arm at the top of the tower.

My question is this:  My triangular shunt wire is spaced about 2 feet away from
the tower.  Is there any problem with me putting the Pelican case with the
matching capacitor network next to the tower and run the feed line from the box
horizontally 2 feet to connect with the triangular cage?  Or, do I need to
place the Pelican case directly under the triangular cage.  Just a question I
have our of ignorance and I haven't been able to find anything in print
suggesting the location of the matching network in relation to the tower and
shunt wire.

Thanks much and 73,
Richard - KJ7CU