[TowerTalk] help with shunt feeding

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] help with shunt feeding
From: "W5JMW John" <w5jmw@cableone.net>
Date: Thu, 6 Oct 2005 18:09:28 -0500
With all the talk about shunt feeding.I have a question.I am currently using
3 slopers,(80,40,160) comming off my hdx-555 at abt the 50 ft level.I also
have a hy-gain hy-tower that is midified for a 40 meter vertical with
elevated feed.That is to say that a 35 ft element is insulated from the
lower tower,Third ant is a 140ft dipole fed with open wire.My tower is a
hdx-555 with a 2 ele 5 band quad on a 12 ft mast.What can I do for 160 that
would be better?
Wouls a shunt fed tower be the way to go ?? Should I use the hytower and
make it back to a 75 meter ant and add a wire to inverted L.All suggestions
welcome..73,john...BTW my city lot is abt 40 x 80...tnx