Re: [TowerTalk] thanks for the hardline answers and a concretequestion

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] thanks for the hardline answers and a concretequestion
From: "Daron J. Wilson" <daron@wilson.org>
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2005 16:14:29 -0700

> Concrete reaches in maximum strength in 28 days.

First, that wasn't the question.  5000# concrete generally reaches a
strength of about 3000# or more than half its desired strength in 7 days.
We normally wait at least a week for a self supporting base, assuming that
has had weather conditions allowing it to dry well, 7 days should do fine.

Second, it has been my understanding that concrete continues to increase in
strength past 28 days.  When being tested, cylinders are poured full of the
exact mix and tested for compliance in 28 days.  I have seen no
documentation showing that it is at it's maximum strength in 28 days, where
did you get that information?

Daron
N7HQR