Re: [TowerTalk] Wire size for 800 meter long wire

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Wire size for 800 meter long wire
From: K4SAV <RadioIR@charter.net>
Date: Tue, 11 Oct 2005 19:46:22 -0500
I was enjoying all this brain storming to see if anyone could figure out
how to string this cable, but I was also wondering how long it would
take before someone asked how this thing was going to perform.

Actually it seems to be a multi-lobe, low gain, high angle radiator on
the low bands.  It does have some lobes that have high gain on some of
the higher bands like 20 meters, but the beam width is so small as to
not be useful.  It's not even useful as a "beverage" because of the good
ground. Now the next big challenge for the group is to figure out how to
make it useful.

Jerry, K4SAV