[TowerTalk] WD40 (was lubing air variable caps)

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] WD40 (was lubing air variable caps)
From: "Carl Smidt" <xveoneov@primus.ca>
Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 10:53:53 -0300
I have a roughly 30 year old, half full, 4 litre (1+ US Gallon) metal
 container of WD-40.

 Reading from the various labels on the can, among many other things, it
says:

 "WD-40 protects and lubricates equipment"  -  "WD-40 stops squeaks, cleans
 and lubricates anything that sticks and binds".

 It says that it is a 'Penetrant', 'Rust Preventative', 'Lubricant',
'Moisture Displacer'.

 It claims that it is "Wetter than water and has the ability to "get under"
 moisture and drive it off metal surfaces within seconds
and that it corrects moisture induced  electrical short circuits.

 Etc., etc., etc.

 I have also been told that if rubbed on the affected areas regularly, it
 alleviates arthritic pain and God knows what else  :>).

 73,   Carl  VE9OV