Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna suggestion

To: "Richard W. Harris" <Richard_Harris@byu.edu>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] 80M antenna suggestion
From: ersmar@comcast.net
Date: Tue, 25 Oct 2005 23:36:28 +0000
Richard:

     Congratulations on the success with your shunt-fed tower.  Welcome aboard!

     Regarding a wire for 80M, if I hadn't suggested this to you before, here
it is:  a half-sloper wire hung off your tower from near the top.  I installed
this antenna beneath my Bencher Skyhawk and it seems to work quite well for
semi-DX (Europe/SA) at 100W.

     I referred to this posting from N4KG and K2AV several times for folks
asking about 80M wire antennas:
http://lists.contesting.com/archives//html/Towertalk/2002-01/msg00186.html .
I've described this before as one of the most cogent discussions on the subject
that I've ever read.  I learned a lot from it that I then applied that
knowledge to my sloper design and installation.

73 de
Gene Smar  AD3F