[TowerTalk] Problem with a Yaesu rotator

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Problem with a Yaesu rotator
From: "Magnus A" <sm6wet@telia.com>
Date: Sun, 30 Oct 2005 16:36:40 -0000
Things always go bad in contests dont they.

I have a Yaesu G-450XL rotator that is "half dead".

What happens is that the rotator will move left-turn but not right turn.

I checked both ends of the cable but cant find any faults.

Anybody know what this can be?

This might give a clue:
Using a amplifier the overlap light used to flicker at times in the rotator
control box, it does not do this anymore.
Could it be so that HF did something wrong to my control box and if so, what
and how do I fix it?

73 de Magnus SM6WET