[TowerTalk] cord reel for a inverted L

To: "TowerTalk List" <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] cord reel for a inverted L
From: "FireBrick" <w9ol@billnjudy.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Nov 2005 15:17:50 -0600
I'm wondering if anyone ever used a automatic windup cord reel on their crank
up tower?
I have a crankup tower. From a yardarm on the mast I support the inverted L.

Being anal and a total coward, I retract my tower with any wind much above
25mph.
(overkill I know)

But when I do...that also lowers the Inverted L part and it ends up laying on
the ground,
coming in contact with the tower, and is generally un-neat.
(told you I was anal)

So having a old 110v garage type power cord on a reel, I wondered if I could
use this to
coil up the inverted L wire that piles up at the base of the tower when in a
retracted
condition.

I think this reel has two disks and pressure contacting buttons to make the
contact. I
haven't opened it up yet.

As Bill O'Reilly would say "I'll give you the last word" "What say you?"

I wish Noah had swatted those two flies!!

Bill H. in Chicagoland