Re: [TowerTalk] LMR 400

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] LMR 400
From: "Mel Whitten" <mel@melwhitten.com>
Date: Fri, 4 Nov 2005 16:01:53 -0600
I agree Bill, something is wrong.  My experience has been just the opposite
with 8 LMR400UF cables making up the rotator loop for HF and VHF/UHF
antennas. These have been in use 3 years. I've seen no degradation or change
in SWR.  Maybe the UV is getting to yours?
Perhpas, you could send one of the defective jumpers to Times and let them
look at it in their lab.  I think many would be interested in what is
causing the failures.

Mel, K0PFX
St Louis