[TowerTalk] Faraday Loops???

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: [TowerTalk] Faraday Loops???
From: KmK420TLoC@aol.com
Date: Sat, 5 Nov 2005 11:49:17 EST

Greetings ham friends,
In the installation of a really good ground and lightning
protection system in connection with my new shack, I
have become curious.
In addition to all the peripheral ground busses, SPGâs,
ICE/Polyphaser units, radial systems, it seems that I
have heard that it might be wise to install closed loops
of copper buss in the walls of the shack, particularly
if the shack is really close to your 85 foot tower
and stack.
Do(es) this loop(s) add anything to the protection?  Where
would such a loop(s) be connected?  To the SPG?  Any
chance such a loop could set the house on fire?
Thanks in advance, Al;  ex-ZM1BL