Re: [TowerTalk] End fed Hertz

To: towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] End fed Hertz
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Sun, 06 Nov 2005 15:12:10 -0500
My first antenna was a 67 foot end fed hertz up at 35 feet with about 60
feet of open wire (I don't remember it was a long time ago).  Used it on
all bands.  Worked lots of dx on the high bands and it kept me in the
traffic nets on 80 cw.  Used homebrew balanced link coupled tuners, one
for 80-40 and one for the high bands and a Heathkit swr bridge to tune
it.  Not elegant but I was a real happy camper back in the 60's with
it.  I still have the ARRL paper log books to prove it! 73 bob de w9ge