[TowerTalk] Twin Lead Beverage

To: <TowerTalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] Twin Lead Beverage
From: "William B. Stacy" <WStacy@uwyo.edu>
Date: Sun, 6 Nov 2005 17:56:31 -0700
I am preparing to install a Beverage antenna system, and the reversible twin
lead configuration, 600 ft. long, looks as though it should do the job.  I am
planning three of these, which would cover the entire azimuth on 80 and 160.  I
have two questions:

1. I have seen two designs.   One has the far end grounded and a pair of
transformers on the near end.  The other (W8JI design) has a reflection
transformer at the far end.  Is there an advantage of one over the other?

2. How far apart should the supports be spaced?  These will be 10 feet high so
the deer can get under them, and they will run to make a six-pointed star (30,
210 degs; 90, 270 degs; and 150, 330 degs).

Thanks in advance for your advice.

73, Bill, K7EY/5 (now in Oklahoma)