Re: [TowerTalk] Tree attenuation

To: "'Jim Lux'" <jimlux@earthlink.net>,"'Jim Brown'" <jim@audiosystemsgroup.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Tree attenuation
From: "Frederick M. Mott" <ab8ah@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 7 Nov 2005 19:20:39 -0500
I operated a MARS station (AB8AH - 1st Bde 1st Inf Div) in Phouc Vinh than
in Quan Loi, Viet Nam during 1967 and 1968.  There were no trees at both
locations near our towers (100 ft Rohn 25G and a 70 ft commercial tower)
except for 1 palm tree (about 20 ft and 1 10 ft banana tree). Our site
worked very well, we ran approximately 1,100 to 1,200 phone patches a month.
A sister station, AB8AAB, 2nd Bde of the 1st Inf Div was located in a rubber
plantation (jungle environment)at Lai Khe.  Their wire beam was suspended
from the rubber trees.  They were lucky to run 50 phone patches a month.