Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower Cables

To: "KJ0M" <kj0m@mchsi.com>, <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] US Tower Cables
From: "Don and Diana Cunningham" <wb5hak@duracom.net>
Date: Wed, 9 Nov 2005 11:37:55 -0600
I can only echo Jim's statements!  A couple of weeks ago, my much older
HDX-572 re-nested in the same manner, except I was in the house, so don't
know exactly why.  My 4 element quad survived well (surprisingly!), the the
tower is toast, with many bent and torn pieces.  It is a real shame that US
Towers won't provide cable stringing information, as I would have re-strung
mine before putting it in operation a couple of years ago.  It is being
replaced with some AB-105 fixed tower, so I won't have to face this again!
73, and good luck, Jim!
Don, WB5HAK