Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feeding, Can this be?

To: donhall161@sbcglobal.net, ersmar@comcast.net,chilesp@adelphia.net, towertalk@contesting.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Shunt Feeding, Can this be?
From: Gary.Stone@med.va.gov
Date: Tue, 15 Nov 2005 16:14:36 -0600
OK, with all this talk about shunt feeding - maybe I am ready to take the
plunge.  I am usually not so stupid but I have read about shunt feeding and
end up with more questions than answers.

My tower is a 45G with an Optibeam OB17-4 on top (40 foot boom - 17
elements) and then a WARC-7 (7 elements on a 14 foot boom) about 12 feet
about the Optibeam.  So, quite a bit of top loading and with 80 foot tower I
have wondered about shunt feeding for 80 and esp 160 meters.

Can someone point me to a good step by step resource and will you also
answer my questions afterwards?  I would love to do better on 160 meters.

I am about 70 miles north of Dallas, Texas.

Gary, N5PHT