Re: [TowerTalk] Help with PE certification of tower in NJ

To: "'Hank Lonberg'" <kr7x@comcast.net>,"'Bob A. Booey'" <rentwist@comcast.net>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Help with PE certification of tower in NJ
From: "J. Gordon Beattie, Jr." <w2ttt@arrl.net>
Date: Sat, 19 Nov 2005 20:20:23 -0500
Hi Folks!
This exchange has me thinking.
When 8 foot, C-band dishes started popping up on homes, there were mounts
that did not have drilled and bolted bases.  I'm wondering if they make
sense, or if drilled and bolted mounts through the eaves and joists of my
home make sense?

I'm not going to put up a C-band dish (which is typically aimed up at an
angle), but I am thinking about either a four or six foot dish for 1296 and
2304.  I could use one of these C-band dish mounts.

Alternatively, I could use my 3-1/2 diameter (1/4 inch wall) rotatable mast
which goes through two bearings tied to the ceiling joists and the internal
walls (it's mounted in a corner of two walls) of my office.  The rotator is
mounted on the floor.  The two bearings are 18 inches and 60 inches below
the roof and the mast extends up to eight feet above the roof.

I haven't decided which to use, but your thoughts would be appreciated.
73,
Gordon Beattie
201.314.6964
w2ttt@arrl.net