Re: [TowerTalk] hf vertical

To: <TOWERTALK@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] hf vertical
From: "Keith Dutson" <kdutson@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 13:42:40 -0600
Well said.

My first commercial antenna was the Gap Titan DX.  It worked best on 40 and
80.  Made many contacts including some good DX when propagation was helping.
Did not realize there was a power limitation on 80 so when I finally got an
amp, I managed to blow the top cap using about 1KW on 80.  Gap was quick to
send me a replacement cap and it was replaced quite easily.

I now have a tower with Yagi antennas.  They have rendered the Titan
useless, so I sold it to a friend who has limited space for antennas.  He
will use it primarily on 40 and 80.

Regarding "experts" and REAL EQUIPMENT, I have heard from many that claim to
be omniscient.  If you listen to them and follow their advice, then you are
doomed to become one of them (no fun at all).  I currently have Yaesu, Icom,
Kenwood and Ten-Tec HF rigs.  Each has its own advantages and disadvantages.
I use and love them all.

73, Keith NM5G