[TowerTalk] TB-2US Thrust Bearing

To: <towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: [TowerTalk] TB-2US Thrust Bearing
From: "Bill Theodorou" <btheo@mric.net>
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2005 14:34:56 -0700
I'm new to the list; I guess this question has been asked before related to
the proper use of a US Tower TX-455 Thrust Bearing Model number TB-2US. I'm
using a 3 el SteppIR on a 5 foot mast. When I tighten the thrust bearing
clockwise it locks itself into place.

This point do I lift up on the mast to remove the weight of mast and antenna
from on top of the rotor, or do I let the rotor take the full weight. My
rotor is a new M2 (the 90 mph windstorm took out my Yaesu G-800DXA). Any
other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

If you're asking why I'm using a M2 rotor for a small SteppIR, I live at
9000 feet above sea level and 15 miles from the Continental Divide. Our wind
speed on gust reaches 90 to 125 mph during some wind storms. It's an
interesting environment to live in and to have a tower in.

TNX for the help - Bill, K0YX