Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV question

To: <john.brewer@us.schneider-electric.com>,<towertalk@contesting.com>
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] Ham IV question
From: "Bill Parry" <BPARRY@RGV.RR.COM>
Date: Mon, 28 Nov 2005 19:34:54 -0600
If your rotator is not pinned to the mast (not a real good idea) you may
have had some slippage(sp?) of the mast in the rotator U-bolts.  I have seen
this happen on a number of occasions.

I have T2X rotators and they have adjustments on the rotator box in the
shack. My grandkids have "adjusted" before. I don't remember if there is an
adjustment on the Ham IV box.

The boom to mast clamps might have slipped.

I think that it is possible for the potentiometer to get old and
break/crystallize/etc. This usually presents as the meter jumping around.

I keep two Tailtwisters here all the time. I take one down from time to time
and send it in for reconditioning and replace it with a second reconditioned
one. My rotator box finally bit the dust this go around but Hygain is
sending me another for $7.00.

Bill, W5VX