Re: [TowerTalk] ALTERNATIVE TRIBANDER or the Ideal TriBander...

To: K2EK@aol.com
Subject: Re: [TowerTalk] ALTERNATIVE TRIBANDER or the Ideal TriBander...
From: bob finger <finger@goeaston.net>
Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2005 06:58:12 -0500

K2EK@aol.com wrote in part:

Lets face facts...  you are not going to WIN a contest (I mean WIN the thing
number 1 single op..) with a tribander. Maybe state, maybe section, bit...
there are just too many good ops with real antenna farms to consider WINNING
the
whole shebang.

Weeeeell:  I can only say that in the 2005 ARRL DX SSB test NN3W did indeed WIN
the USA low power single op category using the W9GE antenna farm.  Antennas;
OptiBeam OB16-3 tribander at 80 feet and Force 12 C3E tribander at 40 feet.
The 40 antenna was a Moxon at 80 feet on 75 a delta loop and an inverted L on
160. To reinforce the point, Rich came very close to exceeding the all time low
power usa single op record with his 2005 performance

You indeed can WIN with a tribander.  You do need to be a superb operator and
location helps a bunch too.  73 bob de w9ge